– I have just started a book about American Jews by Andre Kaspi, a French historian specializing in American history. This author claims that anti-Americanism and anti-semitism are often linked and wishes to debunk the different myths that prevail concerning Jews in the United States. It is a well-researched book and although I have only read about forty pages I have learnt a great deal about Jewish immigration to America, especially the early days.
– I had my two last class meetings for the term this evening. Class meetings are formal gatherings where all the teachers of a class meet to discuss the students’ performance and attitude. I can relax a bit as from now on my evenings will be less busy.
– Much as I have enjoyed teaching Business English since September, I find it is a lot of hard work. All the more so as I am constantly working on two different (and new to me) topics at the same time – corporate culture and consumption at present.
– A message for people who take part in memes and leave a comment: if you want me to visit back, please leave a valid url.
– Batya is hosting this week’s edition of Haveil Havalim