– It is a beautiful country. Whatever the sort of scenery you enjoy, you’ll find something to please you: there are mountains, hills, beaches and lakes.
– The museums and art exhibitions are well worth a visit. There are also palaces, gardens, arenas, Roman theaters, churches (for those of you who visit them) and beautiful town squares.
– It is sunny all summer. So if you are tired of your wet and damp climate, Italy is a fine choice.
– The coffee is wonderful.
– The prices are quite reasonable.
– A lot of Italians speak English; Besides if you have done French or Latin at school, there are lots of words you’ll recognize.
– Smoking is now forbidden in restaurants, bars and caffés.
– Despite what people say about Italy, it is clean.
– Because of the warm weather in summer, it is more or less possible to eat salads most of the time so, even if your level of kashrut is quite strict, you can manage in most places. I plan to write to write a post about keeping kosher while traveling and staying in self-catering places later during the week.
– Last, but not least, there is Internet access almost everywhere.