This is the Sivan edition of KCC – the Kosher Cooking Carnival. Sivan is the ninth month of the Hebrew year. On the sixth day of Sivan we celebrate Shavuot which commemorates the giving of the Torah to the Jewish People.
– Leora shares a Creamy Yellow Vegan Soup that is still nameless.
– Hannah presents an Italian bread soup with a difference: Ribollita Con Cecci
Vegetables and Vegetarian Dishes
– Eggplant, Eggplant, Eggplant………., a post by Miriam from Miriam’s Kitchen
– Hannah suggests Beet Tzatziki, a Geek recipe with a Twist
– Mimi cooks a Danish dish: Caramelized Cauliflower; perfect for Shavuot?
– Mimi inaugurates a new pot with Spicy Red Bean Stew Recipe
– Liz offers a Pasta Salad
– Hannah Katsman shares a Spicy Green Schug with Chili Peppers and Coriander
Bread & Desserts:
– Yocheved shares a Spelt Bread Recipe
– Leora sugests a recipe for Pesach and after: Matza, Nuts and Chocolate for Passover or after
– Chocolate Chip Cake – a family favorite shared by Mrs.S.
– Phyllis posts the recipe and photo for a Coca-Cola Cake
Photos of Food:
– Mottel shows Blue Cheese Nachos and details their contents.
Restaurant & Take-Away:
– Leora buys Sushi from Sushiana, the new sushi restaurant in Highland Park
Stories and Recipes:
– Elisson writes about a Kosher BBQ Cook-Off
– Yosefa shares her love of goats in For the Love of Goats
Participating in KCC